Pages

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Bittersweet: A Spiritual Perspective on Special Needs Parenting | MuslimMatters.org

Bittersweet: A Spiritual Perspective on Special Needs Parenting MuslimMatters.org

"It has taken me some time, but I can finally thank Allah for Khalid’s autism. It may save him from accountability , and it has definitely saved me from living in the unreal world – one where I care more about my child’s postgraduate degree than his iman. And while I have an entire lifetime of challenges to look forward to, I am keeping faith that Allah intends nothing but good for Khalid and I. If that means waiting until the resurrection to see my son as a normal young man, then so be it. Khalid and I will meet again at Al-Kauthar, and sit in Jannah with an eternity of ease to make up for one small lifetime of hardship....

No comments:

Post a Comment