Pages

Saturday, September 4, 2010

After Salafeeyah, Dreams of Sheikh Gilani, and the Path to Sufism

http://umarlee.com/2010/07/27/after-salafeeyah-dreams-of-sheikh-gilani-and-the-path-to-sufism/

"So I recognized at the same time they offered a spiritual void and a social void for the community. They recruit to their flock but do not address spiritual needs or practice the science of Islamic spirituality. Sunnah is studied and followed but it is in the spirit of the hated Pharisees and not in the true spirit of the Sunnah. Love for the Prophet (s.a.s.) is claimed but no time is spent expressing your love. Love for Allah is claimed but little time is spent in dhikr..."

"From this day on I will seek to practice the Sunnah in a complete way and I am on a new path of knowledge today and I pray Allah blesses me to grow. I have no affiliation with any organization or group as of yet, but inshaAllah I pray that I am blessed to be in the future, I am just writing these words as a humble servant of Allah praying to make up for some of the misguidance I have shared over the years with readers...."



When Conversion goes awry: The strange case of Umar Lee
Nazim Baksh






No comments:

Post a Comment